Welcome to my Blog!

Hi and Welcome!

I am pretty new to blogging, but I love reading blogs and looking at all of the creative ideas other cottage lovers have! I love thrifting, vintage items, and entertaining. I am also trying to start my own business, using my very own creativity. I make little girls Tutu's and I love making fun creative signs. I am learning to sew and can't wait to create with you! I am working on new inventory for the new year, so I will be updating it as much as I can!

Thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Whirlwind...

I am reflecting on 2009 and I can not beleive what a whirlwind it has been.  My son turned 2 and my daughter turned 1.  My husband celebrated his 30th birthday, my in laws had to move quite a distance away and into an old farm house that needs major renovating, and we had to do major renovations to our own house!  Things have finally quieted down, now that the holidays have passed, but I am sure with two young children, and full time jobs that life will not stay slow for long.  After a pretty busy weekend, I am now able to post again and I thought I would share a few pictures of my Christmas dinner table, kids, and our house renovation, until I can get my mini home tour posted.  ( My husband and I worked on cleaning our garage today so that we can add some storage racks to our garage walls.  I am running out of space for all of my Christmas Decor!)


This was the main table for all of the adults.


We had a seperate table next to our large table for the Kiddos!




I forgot to get my poinsettias off the front porch and they unfortunately didn't make it, but they were pretty while they lasted and pretty dusted with snow!



This is my little Olivia Layne.  The inspiration for my shop name.


This is my Jace on Christmas morning with his train!




Here is a before shot of the side of our house.  We had terrible siding and bad water damage.  We ended up having this portion of our house bricked to match the front of the house.


And here is the after!  It looks much better now that all of the equipment has been cleaned up and the grass is growing again.





Here is the other before on our project.  We had a very old wooden Deck and windows that needed to be replaced.


It is a little hard to see with the tree in the way, but we now have new very large windows and a nice concrete patio.  Our future project with this will be a porch cover, and getting the railing up.  We also added a spot for a fireplace on the left side.  The only other thing we have done back here, so far, is to paint the french doors a nice green color to match the front door.



Well, I promise my next post won't be so long.  While I am working on my home tour, I have a few projects I will be working on.  I will be doing some glass etching with my Silhouette machine, to create some nice candleholders for a dear friends 50th Birthday, as well as, a few wooden wall decor items I want to make. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your first weekend in 2010 was nice, fun, and relaxing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment