Welcome to my Blog!

Hi and Welcome!

I am pretty new to blogging, but I love reading blogs and looking at all of the creative ideas other cottage lovers have! I love thrifting, vintage items, and entertaining. I am also trying to start my own business, using my very own creativity. I make little girls Tutu's and I love making fun creative signs. I am learning to sew and can't wait to create with you! I am working on new inventory for the new year, so I will be updating it as much as I can!

Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Antique and Vintage Furnitre

Hello everyone! I hope your Thursday is great!
I have this fun little China hutch, Art Deco Style, I will be adding to my soon to be larger booth space at Meadows of Memories and Momentos in Argyle this weekend and I can not seem to find any identifying markers to establish an age for the peice.  I think the hutch is probably from the 20's, but I know the 30's and even into the 40's continued with the Art Deco style.  Anyway,  My husband and I purchased this at an Antique shop in Denton, TX, but it just doesn't fit my Dining room any longer.  I would just love to see some fun dishes peeking through the glass!



Curved Footboard

Also, going into the atique shop will be this beautiful bed from the 18th? Early 19th Century.  I could find only one number on this bed:

I am not sure if the number is the Patent number or what else it might be.  The bed is currently my soon to be 3 year olds bed and as you can imagine he is a little too RAMBUNCTIONS for such a beautiful piece.  My husband doesn't really want to part with it, but frankly, I want a bed I can move out of the way and vaccum under.  Right now, the bed is a bit too heavy to move, a bit too large for the room, and just a bit to old to move often to vaccum under.

I apologize for the pictures.  There was not a convenient place to take pictures and my little boy was clammering for the camera!

I am on the Hunt for something Fun and Beautiful for my very first give-a-way.  I plan to have the give-a-way in April.  Not sure if it will be the begining or end of the Month.  Maybe the Middle.  My son will turn 3 in April and it seems like a great month to celebrate!


Have a Great weekend!!! I will be busy moving my booth!

No comments:

Post a Comment