Welcome to my Blog!

Hi and Welcome!

I am pretty new to blogging, but I love reading blogs and looking at all of the creative ideas other cottage lovers have! I love thrifting, vintage items, and entertaining. I am also trying to start my own business, using my very own creativity. I make little girls Tutu's and I love making fun creative signs. I am learning to sew and can't wait to create with you! I am working on new inventory for the new year, so I will be updating it as much as I can!

Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flea Market Find

Mama Camera Drama

You read that right.  I have had more Camera drama.  This time, my sweet little angels, took off with my battery charger and it conveniently disappeared!  After much coaxing and a bit of threatening and then what seemed to be a long hunt through out my house, I found the charger in the far corner of my closet, hidden behind the bottom clothes rack.  The moral of this story.... Never leave anything within the reach of an almost 3 year old and his sidekick sister.

So, on to some fun stuff.  I finally moved to my new tiny booth space:


I have not gotten a chance to do a theme to my space and I am actually moving to one of the large booth spaces - I have some funiture peices I plan to put into my space and I am working on the headboard project I mentioned in my last post.  On to a few Flea Market err Garage Sale finds for this past weekend!


Who doesn't love a creamy white pitcher?  Especially, when it has such a wonderful floral design!
 



I should have taken a before picture of this basket.  It was a cheap silver look, peeling, with spots of rust on it.  I prettied it up and now it looks like a wonderful little Egg Basket!



This antique milk crate is actually my favorite find!  I got it at a steal of a deal for 5$ and cleaned it up a bit, while keeping the beautiful patina.  I stopped at a garage sale around 6pm, just a last minute stop and I spotted this in the garage (not for sale) and asked what they wanted for it!  WOO, I was almost giddy when she said 5$... 

And my other favorite find, was this gorgeous, creamy crochet bed cover.  I have not measured it, but it was large enough to cover my 6foot long dinning table.  It has a few places in need of repair, but no major tears. It was marked for 30$, but when I was checking out she asked if I wanted it for 20$ (I had told her I was down to my last 4$)  My wonderful and tolerant husband out junking with me had 15$ and she took that!  I was very suprised.   I also think this find may have found a new home with me! 



I have been hoping that my big girl day job would start to wind down, but we have had a co-worker go out for medical leave and now we are all trying to cover his work.  I am also working with my son, he has been having a tough time at preschool with aggression and is a bit behind in language, so we are going to put him in speech therapy.  Even through the parent/teacher conference (OM Goodness he is only almost 3 and already called to the school) the teachers told me he is either going to be a preacher or the president, because he is such a leader.  He also helps with out being asked and is very loving... When he is not biting or hitting...  So, we have had a bit of that kind of drama too!


OK, So I was negligent in joining Foodie Friday last week!  I actually had a dish and life/work got in the way again!  I made a Pot Roast from Pioneer Woman.  I am sure most of you foodies out there know about the Pioneer Woman.  She has such a story and just seems so down to earth!   I have to get a cookbook!!! 

I will be planning a Give Away in the month of April.  Check back for more details! 

Have a great week Chickees!  I will post more pics after I move into the larger booth space.

No comments:

Post a Comment