Welcome to my Blog!

Hi and Welcome!

I am pretty new to blogging, but I love reading blogs and looking at all of the creative ideas other cottage lovers have! I love thrifting, vintage items, and entertaining. I am also trying to start my own business, using my very own creativity. I make little girls Tutu's and I love making fun creative signs. I am learning to sew and can't wait to create with you! I am working on new inventory for the new year, so I will be updating it as much as I can!

Thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A little Zebra goes a LOONG way



So, we made it to the big 13th birthday party I have been planning for my neice.  The theme was Zebra and Hot Pink ( I will be re-using this theme for my daughters 2nd bday)

Here are a few pictures to have some fun with!

Lets start with our Yummy yum table.  Hot pink satin with a zebra table runner.  And who doesn't love S'mores!?  We had a smore box with Graham Crackers, Chocolate and a bucket of Marshmellows. We roasted these over a small firepit, along with dinner - HOT DOGS!  Now isn't that the best way to feed some teenagers - have them make thier own meal. 


Here is my Momma - makin my hot dawg! What a good Momma!


Here is the Deliscious cake my mom madea nd we decorated together... about 2 hours before the party!
Not too bad for first time fondant users!

This was the craft area - the girls made coke bottle cap necklaces and got to bling out their cell phones with gems. 


We built this little Photo booth for the girls - They all LOVE pictures right now and we thought it would be fun and unique!  You can find tons of inspiration online for photo booths.  Notice the hot guys - Taylor Lautner and the other one ( Yes I know his name, but I am on Team Jacob) Ok, is it sad I watch the Twilight films? 


To celebrate the Bday girl, I created a Photo area of Angela and her friends.  It was a big hit - again all these teenie boppers are picture obsessed. 


And what is a party with out some yummy candy?  We had a candy bar set up with Popcorn bags to indulge in some sweet and salty snacks for movie time - We watched Twilight - New Moon! 

This girls slept over and as funny as it sounds, the old timers ( my mom and I) out lasted the girls by at least a few minutes.  We were up untill four and then up around 9am making waffles for Breakfast before the parents arrived to take the girls home!  I didn't get a picture of it, but we had a sweet little pink bag with zebra paper  filled with a zebra lanyard (for school ids), a manicure set, mini nail polish, and sleep masks!  It was alot of fun to create and I hope alot of fun for the girls!  I might just have them over for another slumber party in the future! (Just may have to go to bed earlier!

So, I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed some good food and company! 


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors! The cake is adorable. How much fun this looks like ya'll had! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete